I have been thinking of starting a blog for quite some time now. I have heard such great things about the power of putting emotions as well as simple day to day life things on paper (or on the computer) that I figured I really ought to try it out. I am excited to see where this takes me and thought that it might also be nice for friends and family to be updated on what is going on in our lives.
So to start off, I'll get everyone up to date on life thus far:
Mark and I got married last August (I'll post some pictures on here later). It was the most perfect wedding I could ever have asked for. We were married on August 8th, 2008 in Albee's Gardens in Olympia, Washington. It was absolutely gorgeous and we had so much fun celebrating with our family and friends!
I was hired permanently with the Higher Education Coordinating Board on September 1st as a Program Coordinator in the Financial Aid department. (I had been working there for a year prior as a temporary work study student while finishing college). I absolutely love my job and the people I work with are wonderful!
I graduated (finally) from Saint Martin's University in December with my Bachelors degree in Business Administration with a Minor in Marketing. I even somehow managed to graduate with honors (Cum Laude).
Mark has been working for Lowes for about five years now. He is currently the Department Manager of Plumbing and Electrical (soon to be just Electrical). He keeps very busy there and really seems to enjoy what he does. He was accepted into the Assistant Store Manager training program in January of this year. It's a three month program which began mid February. He is doing very well and is really enjoying himself.
Well I think that is probably enough for now...I'm sure I'll post again soon. :)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment